Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Well, the interview went well! I did walk up to two strange men sitting alone and ask them if they were Roger. They both said no and looked at me like I sprouted another head!
Finally, I sat down and Roger found me!
I didn't know when I woke up this morning that I would finally discover what I wanted to be when I grow up.
Today, I know. I must tell you, it's wonderful talking with a plant person in person. None of my friends are gardeners. (I got to get some garden friends!)
We talked about the Wave wave, how gardening has progressed and how it hasn't. He is older than I am, and he talked about trends he has seen and what I can expect. Then, he said, 'this might sound unusual to you, but I want to over you this job, right now!'
That didn't sound unusual to me, at all! It pays more than I expected and it does require some weekends, which I am not concerned about at all!

I can't tell you how happy I am!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is unusual for jobs to be offered during interviews, at least where I work. References have to be checked and all. So, it sounds like you hit a home run! Good luck on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Congratulations dear Sissy!! He must have felt right away that you were the right person for the job for him to offer it to you there and then:-) I do hope you'll enjoy your new job!!! I'm so proud of you:-) I'm finally catching up with everyone, didn't have time to visit the last couple of days!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good fit for you, and a great find for the company ~ yea Sissy!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news sissy, congratulations - it sounds just the perfect job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful, Sissy. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! As often as I whine about my job I love it and wouldn't want anything else, so I'm glad you've found a job that you'll love too. Good pay is a nice bonus.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS! I knew you'd kick butt :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!