Saturday, February 10, 2007


This is our Northern Cardinal. He is the most counted bird in the GBBC. What is the GBBC?
People all over the states counted 7,594,742 birds. 622 different species. Do you participate?
We always have, in the past. There aren't a whole lot of different species, in our yard, but I would love to count the ones I got!! Click here for Great Backyard Bird Count website
Landscaping note to self: plant little evergreen shrubs near the feeder and bird bath so cardinals will come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cardinals are such beautiful birds...I think in the 29 years I've been living here, I've only ever seen a cardinal once. They are not birds that hang around here at all, which is such a shame! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sometimes see cardinals here, but we were in South Carolina for a couple of years and they flew around there in large flocks.

    I wonder if the reason they're the most counted bird is because they're such an easily recognizable bird? So you know what to write down?

    Sissy, thanks for the links to the GBBC. I've heard of it but never participated. This might be the right year.

    Annie at the Tranplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!