Monday, September 11, 2006

The image “http://www.brecks.com/images/250/68663.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. These are Scilla siberica, Star of Holland. They are supposed to be one of the first things to come up in the spring. I am already dreading this winter and planning ahead. I tried to find a cherry tree, but nobody would ship the one I wanted in the fall, so I will have to wait. These come up early and so do these:
The image “http://www.brecks.com/images/250/67303.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Chionodoxa forbesii 'Blue Giant' or Giant Glory of the Snow. I am going to plant them under the crabapple trees in back, so I will see them right away and I will know that spring is coming.
I should save some and plant them around the mailbox. Then everyone that passes will know that spring is coming!
The best part of this bulb thing is that I am getting them all, 40 bulbs all together, for $1.93. I got a free $25.00 gift certificate in the mail. They are so sure I will be convinced this is the best place to buy bulbs, they are williing to give me that much to see how I like it.
We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. I love my glory of the snow, it's the first thing to come up. I have scattered snow drops throughout the front lawn too. TN to IL is tough but at least you're of the good side of the lake (I think) so it shouldn't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!