Friday, August 26, 2011

Checking in....

 We had a time, in Joplin, trying to deal with the heat! I am back home, now, trying to catch up on rest and laundry. 
Some of what we saw really shook us up. People are remarkable, but these guys need your best thoughts and prayers. We were warned not to stand around, taking photos of people's ruined homes, it was considered offensive, so most of the photos we took were from Cassidy's android. Today, I am grateful for my air conditioned home, my bed's mattress, and TV news. 
Every morning, I would sit by the window with my transistor radio, trying to get a radio station. 
I had never heard of the Rick and Bubba show, before...
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. It's such a shame when so destruction hits people like that. I feel for anyone in those situations of losing their homes.
    Cher Sunray Gardens
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech-that heat (and I'm sure HUMIDITY). Bet you're glad to be home. I honestly don't know how people get through disasters like that. I suppose we all have that strength in us somehow, but it's hard to imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sissy,
    I am glad you made it home safely. I can't even imagine trying to do anythin in 120 degree heat.

    I hope you post more about what you did in Joplin. I am sure your group provided some much needed assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RoseM8:32 PM

    Sissy,
    Going to Joplin took great courage. I would be interested in knowing ow it affected your daughter too. I understand your feelings that it was overwhelming to see such a disaster. I witnessed the Plainfield IL. tornado many years ago ago the devastation I saw still shakes me up when I think of it today. You have a heart of gold for helping in Joplin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your back safe and sound! I'm sure your help and efforts were well appreciated. I got to witness the aftermath of the Plainfield IL tornado too. It was so sad. That was 21 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back home safe and sound, Sissy. Dealing with the heat must have been awful, but I'm sure your efforts were much appreciated. Living in such conditions certainly makes us appreciate all the little things we take for granted like A/C, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. Nothing like a disaster to remind us just how blessed we are. I'm glad you're home safe and sound. I look forward to your thoughts on the trip.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!