Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thank you...

I just wanted to post a thank you note to all of you. Thank you for the caring comments and emails. We had Schatz for a very short time, compared to some dogs' lives. 
It is different, when you have a strong breed in your home. I never gave a thought to sleeping with the back door open on a beautiful night. 
Her bark was the strong and forceful bark, that alone was enough to keep away the bad guys. 
Last night, I opened the north facing window and turned to open the south facing back door. I looked at the Yorkie and opened a south window, instead. 
Schatz's food and water bowl are full, she had stopped eating. They've been a fixture in my kitchen for almost a decade. How do I pick them up and throw them away? 
It is true, they let you know when it is time. She went peacefully, in my arms, on the floor of the vet's office. The vet told me the mass in her throat was obstructing her breathing and she was hunched over in pain. I stroked her fur and told her she was the best dog ever, that I loved her so. Tears ran down my face, falling onto her muzzle. The stress of the pain left her face and she was gone. 
Now I know why they say, "it's for the best". 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Sissy, but she was so very lucky to have a family like yours. My best to your family.
    Cher Sunray Gardens
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sissy, I am so sorry for your loss. No matter if it's for the best, it still hurts a lot to let go. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved companion Sissy. They are family, and losing a pet is terribly painful. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I got to meet her...
    Steve and I are sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:18 PM

    omg, Sissy, I'm so sorry.... I have been so tied in my own world that I didn't realize you had to let Schatz go.... my heart goes out to you and your family :( :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!