Monday, March 05, 2007

6° Cloudy

It was cloudy for that lunar eclipse, wasn't it??!! Well, I am sure it was, plus, I forgot all about it. I made dinner, we rushed out the door to church and I rushed over to the high school for the last performance of the spring play.
Rosie, of Corners of My Mind, lives in the UK and her hubby got a terrific pic of it!!
Go over and check it out, won't you? It's really a fantastic thing!
Rosie's Lunar Pics


Ok, this is weird. Just weird. Why would anyone grow a snake gourd, I ask you??? You don't eat them, you just plant them and you can paint them to look like snakes, if you like, or they can hold other plants. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Trichosanthes cucumerina is a tropical or subtropical vine, raised for its strikingly long fruit, used as a vegetable and for medicine. Other names include snake gourd, serpent gourd, chichinga, and padwal. It is known as paduvalakaayi in Kannada and padavalanga in Malayalam.

The narrow, soft-skinned fruit can reach 150 cm long. Its soft, bland, somewhat mucilaginous flesh is similar to that of the luffa and the calabash. It is most popular in the cuisine of South Asia and Southeast Asia. The shoots, tendrils, and leaves are also eaten as greens
from Wikipedia.
OOOH!! Pass me the mucilaginous flesh, won't you!?
Blech

3 comments:

  1. Maybe if you grew the snake gourd near your berries, the birds would be fooled and leave your crop alone?

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandson would probably think they're cool but I think I'll pass. I would like to try grown a birdhouse gourd though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gourds are really cool! I found a website that has lots of information about gourds and sells gourds and gourd crafting stuff. http://www.AmishGourds.com
    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!