Sunday, February 03, 2013

Let me take a moment..


To reflect what has kept me away from my poor blog.

Time spent on the southeast coast of Florida. Almost every Friday morning at 6am, you could find me and hubby in line at Midway Airport, trying to be the first on board so we can stow our luggage.  We get up at 3:45am and tear through the house, throwing suitcases in the back of the little car and zoom east toward the airport. It always amazes me how many people are OUT AT THIS HOUR!
Once, we almost missed our flight, due to the traffic!
We make our way towards the ocean, fighting crowds, (and entire families on planes that treat the plane like their family room). 

We virtually run down the gangway to the terminal once we touch down in Florida and the humidity hits like a ton of bricks. The moist air is heavy and it feels like it lubricates the joints. 
It is easy to breathe. The humidity causes even my eyebrow hair to curl and disobey. 
One of the drawbacks, but not enough to stop me!
We search for our rental car in the lot and soon we are headed to our destination. 
My friends here think I'm nuts to jump through all those hoops. 
But we have a spot, where we can check in and walk right thru the lobby to this:
Have you ever just known you were meant to be in a place?
I never have. 
Until I walked onto this beach. 
This has what has kept me away. 
I hope you understand...
These have called my name as well. 
Now you understand???!



10 comments:

  1. It is pretty but I also can't imagine doing that every week. I guess I am just a homebody but it works for you and makes you happy so that is all that matters.
    Cher Sunray Gardens
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fly to Florida every week? WOW! What a treat! It would be wonderful to greet every Saturday with a morning at the beach. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Absolutely beautiful, Sissy. I can see why you jump through so many hoops. The destination is breathtaking. I bet I know where you and your hubby will be spending your retirement years. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks such a beautiful place, Sissy. No wonder you are drawn to visit so often:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are completely forgiven! Been there done that with the airport thing too- no fun!
    Oh to see the ocean again! I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you've found a really special place. The commute sounds quite difficult though.. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love Florida. I lived there for 2 years when I was in my 20's, and cried when I came back. You describe the air perfectly. I would also add that it feels "soft". And all the tension disappears. I still miss the smells, sounds, and sights of Florida. We went to Miami a month ago - for the Orange Bowl. I had a few moments of "ahhh - Florida!".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back Sissy! My middle girl has been in Florida for three years now. She loves it there. Thankfully she's back here in Chicagoland to visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes I do understand. There are many beaches that I would be happy to call home. But whenever I return to my hometown on the shores of Lake Michigan, it puts my soul to rest. If you open up my blog, you will see the lighthouse there on my header. Isn't it lovely? I grew up near it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in Florida and still remember its special charm, so good for you! I see you havent posted in a long time. Hope it's because you're acing fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!