Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pics on a warm day

Vietnamese Spring Rolls 


As a child, I would hide from the world under the neighbors' front porch. Lily of the Valley grew like a weed under that porch. The smell of the delicate little bell flower can take me right back to Donny Osmond and Charleston Chew candy bars. 
                                                                            Garlic chives. Very spicy!

busy bee on mountain bluet (Centaurea montana)
Faithful garden pal and defender from intruders of all sorts. Discovered large lumps on her, Friday. Biopsy due back Tuesday. Vet thinks lymphoma, but this dog does not behave as though she has cancer. Still eating, running and looking magnificent for 9 years old. 
So many things are, well, not going the way we'd like them to go. 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am glad you like my Irises. They are striking. I hope your dog doesn't have lymphoma. My previous old dog had bumps on him. They were fatty tumors. Nothing sinister. I like your bumble bee shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the diagnosis for your faithful garden pal is good news instead, Sissy--she's a beauty! Love the bee on the Centurea; I haven't seen that many bees here yet--it was certainly warm enough for them to be out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sissy, I do hope news from the vet won't be as bad as you fear! I love Lily of the Valley but it won't grow in our garden - how lucky you are to grow it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not bad news on your dog.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping your dog is ok. They are so worrisome when things go wrong.

    Tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything's ok with your garden pal Sissy. (She is beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:40 PM

    huh? Oh, I've been away too long, wrapped up in my own mess of a life... I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier - She is so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!