Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More greenhouse

Oh, Lord. I am so old today. I worked all day and came home to rescue my minor bulb garden from the grass that has grown, (uninvited, I might add), into the bed. I got down on my hands and knees and began to dig the white roots of death at 3pm. I quit, (notice I did not say FINISH), at 5:15. I did get the grass removed, but I was using my shovel to create a trench edge. The work is back breaking. I lifted up sections of muscari and squill and literally teased the white devil roots of turf grass out from between the bulbs.
You see this guy?? -->
isn't he smug?? Looky what he's got! I didn't even know this thing existed until just now.
But I've never wanted or needed anything so badly in my entire life!!
Before I gimp off to bed, I want to leave some more photos of the greenhouse tour. Things are really starting to ramp up, now. And right on cue, they are calling for snow on Saturday.
Wave after Wave of Wave Petunias.

Dizzying. Even waves in baskets hanging from ceiling!
I wonder, do you grow Wave Petunias? What is your experience? Good or bad, they sell like french fries!
I would love for you to leave me a comment about your feelings on the Wave!

3 comments:

  1. I buy wave petunias each summer, although now there are so many copycat names that it's hard to be sure you're getting the real thing. For awhile I even bought seeds and grew the seedlings myself (where did that younger, more energetic me go?).

    Grass is evil, isn't it? It won't grow in the bare patches on the lawn, but a bare patch in a flower bed breaks out in the most beautiful turf. I have to get a large encroachment out of our little strawberry bed.

    Beautiful pictures --does it smell wonderful too? I love the smell of petunias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:08 PM

    i love wave petunias - the small ones (are all small ones wave?) - i dont like the big old fashioned petunias. always great colors to choose from, and they give a great summer show in Michigan summers.

    what does that guy have? a machine that cuts out the yukky grass/edge/bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too ~ much ~ pink!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!