Sunday, February 13, 2011

I have the cabin fever, folks...     

    

cabin fever
Distress or anxiety caused by prolonged confinement in a small or remote place, as in We've been snowed in for a week and everyone has cabin fever . Originating in the West, this term at first alluded to being penned up in a remote cabin during a long winter but has since been applied more broadly. [Late 1800s]
source:  
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE):
Dictionary.com, "cabin fever," in The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Source location: Houghton Mifflin Company. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cabin fever. Available: http://dictionary.reference.com. Accessed: February 13, 2011

Last night, on the way to church, the son calls. He's at the U of I. His voice is tight and he's not fooling around. He thinks he broke his ankle. I get off the phone with him and try to call the husband, but my phone rings again, its a friend who is with my son, they think he's broken his LEG!!
I turn the car around and head south, driving the 2 1/2 hours non-stop, and get to Nick's @ 9pm. The hospital, Carle Clinic, was wonderful, saw his huge ankle and got him back to xray immediately. An hour later, we were on our way back to Nick's apartment, he has torn the ligaments in his ankle. He will have to try to get around that icy wet campus with crutches for a while. 
No more basketball for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!