Thursday, November 09, 2006

The image “http://www.mommysavers.com/frugal-food-recipes/cube-steak.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Cube steaks with mushroom gravy are for dinner, honey. I know I was supposed to make Chicken Fried Steak, but we have had mashed potatoes two nights in a row, and I am tired of them. Plus, I have the Speech team mom meeting and cannot stand over the stove frying those Chicken Fried Steaks, all night!

Cube Steaks w/Mushroom Gravy

½ C. vegetable oil

3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped

6 cube steaks

1 ½ C. flour

Steak seasoning

½ C. flour

4 C. beef stock

½ tsp. black pepper

1 large onion

1 package fresh mushrooms, cut in fourths.

2 Tbsp. butter

Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add garlic cloves. Dredge cube steaks in 1 ½ C. flour seasoned with the steak seasoning. Brown well. Remove to casserole. Add butter to remaining oil in the pan and sauté onions and mushrooms. Add remaining flour, whisk. Add beef stock and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour sauce over steaks in casserole dish. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh that does look good!! Thanks so much for posting the recipe, I've copied it and will print it out:-) I love any kind of dish like this!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and if you can leave a comment, I will visit your blog, too!